About GoodLife Church
We Are Multi-Site
GoodLife Church worships at numerous sites in Oakland and Macomb counties.
GoodLife Church's Gethsemane Campus
formerly known as Gethsemane Lutheran Church, GoodLife's Gethsemane Campus is our main campus. Like other area churchs, GoodLife's Gethsemane Campus conducts worship and ministry including Bible Studies and Fellowship opportunities.
Unlike Other Churches...
GoodLife's Gethsemane Campus is also an equipping, training and coordinating center for our vigorous off-site ministry. Our growing off-site ministry shares the Good News of Jesus' love in our bi-county area and worships over 250 people each month, many of them twice a month.
GoodLife Ministry Teams
Over thirty people from GoodLife Church and other area churches help us share Jesus at nearly 12 sites in our community. Team members from 5 area churches share the joy in Jesus as they help lead worship, join our hospitality teams, lead Bible Studies, or serve on one of our music teams as instrumentalist, singers or people who just like to sing songs about Jesus with others.
GoodLife Church reaches out to share Jesus with hundreds of people in our community, sharing with them the Good News that Jesus loves us, calls us and offers His forgiveness freely to all who receive Him.
We Are Jesus-Centered
GoodLife Church is focused on Jesus.
Discover Jesus At GoodLife Church
One of the most common responses we receive in our on-site
and off-site ministries is, "We have never heard so much Jesus!"
We Share Jesus Because...
1) He is the ONLY way to salvation. John 14:6
2) Without believing in His sacrifice for our sins on the cross, there is no salvation. NONE!! Acts 4:12
3) He tells us God's purpose for our lives: to share Jesus' love throughout the world, starting right here where we are! Matthew 28:19-20
We Are Bible-Based
GoodLife Church is firmly committed to the Bible.
The Bible is God's True Word
God's Holy Spirit gave prophets and Bible writers not just the thoughts but
the very words they were to write. Because of that, the Bible is not human
words. It's God's TRUE Word for us alone.
Because God is perfect, His Word--the Bible--is also perfect and without error. And since the Bible has NO mistakes--NOT ONE!!!--we can trust everything that it says.
The Bible Is True! The Bible Is..
1) The only book which tells us who the true God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, really is.
2) The only book which tells us how we are saved by grace only through Jesus. Ephesians 2:8-10
3) The only book where we find God's loving promises to us and God's perfect record of fulfilling every promise He makes.
What We Do
We Celebrate How God Gives Faith
GoodLife Church recognizes that God gives saving faith through...
Is how Jesus told us He gives faith. The water in Baptism is not just simple water. It is water connected with God's promise that whoever believes and is Baptized shall be saved. If you are not baptized, please contact us today!!
The Lord's Supper...
Is Jesus' gift of Himself to us. At the Lord's Supper, we don't just remember what Jesus did, but when Jesus says, "This is My body...This is My blood," He tells us that He is really present in the bread and wine. And wherever Jesus is, He gives His love and His power to forgive even the worst of sins.
The Bible is God's Word. It is God's Word which gives simple water and wine and bread their power. It is God's Word which created and sustains all of His creation. And it is His Word--the Bible--which is God's power to change our lives to believe in Jesus. Romans 1:16
What We Believe
We teach that:
1) God, the Father, is the Creator of all that exists;
2) Jesus Christ, is God's true Son. As true God He became human to suffer
and die for the sins of all human beings and to rise to life again to gain
the ultimate victory over death and Satan. By taking on human flesh,
Jesus is our substitute. As true God, He has the power to take away all our sins.
3) The Holy Spirit creates faith through God’s Word and Sacraments.
These three persons of the Trinity are ONE God.
As Christians We Believe In ...
1) Grace alone – God loved the world, though we do not deserve His love. God sent His Son to love the unlovely and save the ungodly. Ephesians 2:8-10
2) Faith alone – Jesus has provided for our forgiveness and life; those who hear this promise and believe it, have what it offers. God gifts us with faith as He gives us His promises. Romans 1:16-17
3) Scripture alone – The Bible is the only source of faith that shows God’s will and the only basis for faith and life. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
It is these beliefs above which have guided us to a Christian confession as Lutherans.
For more information what what we believe, please contact
Pastor Tom Fischer or visit LCMS.org.